Thursday, August 11, 2016

Here's Why I Like BLACKPINK



Warning: this blog post contains genuine emotion and soulful reminiscing. Read at your own peril.  

Obviously Nayeon's Vibrator (fka AKF) fucking hates BLACKPINK, while I feel tentatively positive about them. Here's why I feel the way I do, as has been made clear to me by this video.

I just really miss 2NE1, you guys. That's the whole thing. I would happily watch a piece of lettuce rap if it reminded me of golden era CL.

 

CL was the woman who got me into kpop. I thought (strong emphasis on the past tense here) she was soooo cool, and so early 2NE1 will always hold a special place in my heart, especially Fire. So that terrible mashup of Boombayah and Fire really made me realize why I'm so optimistic about BLACKPINK. I know in my heart that Teddy has lost his edge, that their yolo-swag crap is grating at best, that YG can't manage girl groups for shit, that 2NE1 got awful a long time ago and never recovered. But I want them to not suck so, so badly.

So I understand if you want to compare YG's latest efforts to festering genitalia. But I'm gonna hold out hope that BLACKPINK manages to do what 2NE1 did before they started releasing absolute garbage and CL fled to America. It's unlikely, I know. But I want to believe, just for a little bit, at least until they disappoint me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment